Share | 

Random Vandalizing/Front Yard Tampering

Go down 
AuthorMessage
The_Pirates

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-08-16

PostSubject: Random Vandalizing/Front Yard Tampering   Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:45 pm

Hello. We just moved to the neighborhood on July 5th, 2008, and we've already had a few "incidents".

We live at 5960 Oliver Avenue South.

The first, and most damaging, was an act of (hopefully) random vandalism, in which a piece of concrete was thrown from the alley, over our waist-high back fence, shattering our outer sliding glass patio door. It happened on Thursday July 31st, at 4:45 pm. A police e-report was filed.

The other incident, was coming home one night about a week ago at around 11pm, to find our Jack Ratham pirate flag pulled out of the flag holder and thrown to the ground. Our doormat was also pulled off our steps and thrown into the middle of the yard.

Granted, it was windy that night...but not that windy. pirat

And although we did move from the heart of Uptown (Lake and Lyndale) and in a whole year had absolutely no problems, this seems to be a pretty decent neighborhood; we're not going to let these incidents throw us for a loop.

I've got a grand earmarked for a 2-camera infrared security set-up, if anything else unusual occurs. Hopefully I'll be able to use the money on something more fun.

Decent Americans and proud NRA members,
The Pirates
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2006-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Random Vandalizing/Front Yard Tampering   Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:19 pm

Sorry to hear about this incident. The seems very strange as we have not heard of issues like this before. I wonder if someone is targeting you(maybe because of the flag?) I think ketting our crime prevention spealist know about this is a good step along with the police report. Her info is posted on the News page of this website.

Thanks for posting and keeping us all aware of incidents like this. The more we know and are aware the more we can watch(savinf you a grand hopefully) for punks that do this kind of thing.

Typical crime in our neighborhood is crime of opportunity such as garage doors and cars being left open. So they open the doors grab what they want and are gone. Please lock your doors forsure but I guess that wouldn't have stopped a piece of concrete going through the window.

Anyways let us know if you hear of anything else going on !

Thanks

Admin
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://armatage.dynamicforum.net
The_Pirates

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Random Vandalizing/Front Yard Tampering   Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:01 pm

Thanks!

Already sent Amy Lavender an email with the attached police e-report before I posted this topic .

As far as the pirate flag goes, I'm leaning towards passive aggressive neighbor and/or someone in the area selling a home. I figure that if it was just some punk kids, they would have just up and stole it.

I'm an insomniac that works out of the house, so I'll be keeping an eye out.

-The Pirates
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Vandalizing/Front Yard Tampering   

Back to top Go down

Random Vandalizing/Front Yard Tampering
Page 1 of 1