HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsHomeLog in

Share | 

Tennis Shoes on Overhead Power Lines

Go down 
AuthorMessage
J

PostSubject: Tennis Shoes on Overhead Power Lines   Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:37 am

I don't know if anyone else noticed the pair of shoes that were thrown up on the powerline that crosses 61st near Logan, but they were up there for a while. I was talking to another friend who lives in the city who said that sometimes shoes on powerlines can mean things that aren't immediately apparent to the rest of the law abiding population.

Some quick research on the net suggested a couple of different theories:
* They are the shoes of a friend lost to violence thrown up in a memorial near their place of death.
* Signifies that drugs are sold at that location
* Marks gang territory
* You have bullies in your area and they took another kids shoes for a game of keep away.
* Someone got a new pair of tennies and just thought of a way to get rid of the old ones.

Police around the country have different theories some suggest that they mean absolutely nothing and others say in some cases they signify something.

I don't know anything about what these particular shoes meant, but I do know that I don't want anyone attaching meaning to our neighborhood.

So long way of saying I called the 311 Minneapolis line, who gave me a special number over at Excel, who promised to send out a truck in 24 hours. They were gone the next time I checked, so it is a really easy process.

If anyone else sees something suspicious hanging from a powerline, Excel will get a crew out very quickly to pull it down.
Back to top Go down

Tennis Shoes on Overhead Power Lines
Page 1 of 1